Belmont, MA 02478
Skills, Training, and Awards:
- Languages: Proficient in Spanish and American Sign Language. Superb command of the English language, both written and oral. Excellent professional communication.
- Computers: Microsoft Office, Windows 10, Constant Contact, QuickBooks, Google applications, Social Media applications, CRM databases.
- Certificate of Completion: IS-700 and ICS-100, Emergency Management Institute, U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Fire Extinguisher Certified: York Maine Fire Department, 2009.
- Girl Scouts: Silver Award, 1997.
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, 2008-2012: Completion of major coursework for a B.A. in Criminal Justice, with a history minor.
- Smith College, 2000-2001: Completed one year of study, elementary education.
- Semester in the South Seas, Spring 2000: Studied aspects of Hawaiian culture, archaeology, geology and volcanology, reef ecology, island rainforests, threats to biodiversity, and land ownership issues. Used hands-on learning techniques with tropical forests, coral reefs, lava flows, and archaeological sites as the classroom.
- Leap Now, Fall 1999: Traveled in Guatemala, Honduras, Belize. Volunteered in Five Blues National Park, Belize, clearing trails, thatching roofs, and teaching elementary school groups about rainforest conservation. Studied Spanish and SCUBA diving.
- Winchester Unitarian Society. September 2015 – March 2017
- Administrated programs and partnerships for a large, 275+ member church.
- Initiated and created a quarterly publication, with long-form articles, images, and inspiration for spiritual development.
- Added and upgraded Office computers with updated operating systems, antivirus software, CRM and financial databases, to increase speed and productivity.
- Maintained and updated website, Facebook, initiated a Twitter account.
- Initiated work with staff members on a coordinated social media policy.
- Initiated upgrade of network infrastructure, offering access to renters and providing an additional revenue source.
- Initiated a Task Force to update fee structure for building rentals, to inform and improve a ROI report for a proposed costly renovation.
- Supervised 4 employees – one Administrative Assistant and 3 part-time Sextons.
- Led a successful effort, with Board, Treasurers and Personnel Committee, to hire a new Sexton.
- First Parish in Waltham. February 2014 – September 2015
- Office Manager for lively church community.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Microsoft Office, Windows 8, and Google applications.
- Handled multiple tasks such as phones, mail, and managing busy church and rental calendar.
- Worked independently and collaboratively with the Board of Managers on newsletter, Annual Report.
- Star Island Conference Center, Rye, New Hampshire. May – September 2009
- Resident Life Advisor for 100 college-age resident employees.
- Planned and prepared housing arrangements; planned daily and weekly events and activities.
- Offered counseling, mediation, and worked with staff to support interpersonal relationships.
- Star Island Conference Center. July – September 2008
- Customer service and conference registration services at main reception desk.
- Maintained daily schedule of events and transportation; arranged transportation, rentals and other services for guests.
- Managed communication between staff and guests, off-island vendors, and other contracts.
- The Donohue Group, Boston, MA. November 2004-September 2007
- Provided technical and staffing services to libraries, museums, and archives.
- Worked on projects with Google, Harvard University, and The Library of Congress.
- Supervised retrospective conversion of library at Pierce Elementary School (Brookline, Ma)
- Evening Circulation Supervisor – Lesley College (Cambridge, Ma)
- Para-professional work, including barcoding and physical processing.
- West Coast Video, Somerville, MA. February 2005 — September 2007
- Shift supervisor, key holder, customer service and sales
- Star Island Conference Center. May – September 1999 – 2003
- Prep Cook: Helped create 3 meals a day for 350 people including handling of food inventory, recipe execution, food service production.